The Vital Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stall Your Dental Cleaning
Even in the event that you care for your teeth and gums and have great oral health, it’s critical to have regular dental check-ups and biannual cleanings. At Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX, we detect signs of cavities and periodontal disease during your exam and cleaning. When these are identified early on, they can usually be addressed easily. But when more serious conditions aren't identified, it could lead to huge complications, like gum recession.
Biannual dental cleanings give our Spring, TX team the chance to eradicate plaque and tartar and clean your enamel for a glowing smile. Let us help you and your family boost your dental wellness with comprehensive oral care. The American Dental Association advises children, teens, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned no less than twice per year. For people with past or present gum disease or who have metal orthodontics, more frequent dental cleanings could be necessary.
What to expect during a dental cleaning
At your initial visit to Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX, we will first examine your teeth and gums. Next, we will take an x-ray to identify any problems we may not notice with the naked eye. In the event that we detect any issues, we will create a customized treatment program for your needs. Tooth decay is most often fixed before your teeth cleaning. But other more invasive procedures might require a second visit to our Spring, TX dental office. Throughout your dental cleaning, we will remove any buildup on the enamel utilizing precise dental tools. As soon as your teeth and gum tissues are free of plaque and tartar, your enamel is polished, which gets rid of any stains. Our professional hygienists can give advice to our patients about how to effectively take care of their teeth in between visits.
Reasons why you shouldn't procrastinate your dental cleaning
At Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX, we think that there are a number of reasons why you shouldn't cancel a dental cleaning, like:
- Cavity prevention: Getting your enamel polished every six months lets us detect tooth decay promptly. If you don't see a dentist for a long time, this decay will spread throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This situation will require a dental restoration.
- Taking care of gum disease in its early phases: In the event that periodontal disease is not treated, it might cause damaged gums, bone loss, and loose teeth. If you notice red or bleeding gums, arrange an appointment at our Spring, TX practice for gingivitis detection.
- Maintaining the beauty of your smile: These deep cleanings let your teeth stay as luminous as possible. During your dental visit, we scale your teeth to make them look bright.
- Fresh breath: Routine cleanings help keep bad breath at bay because they remove bacteria, which could be the biggest reason for chronic bad breath.
- Receiving an oral cancer screening: At your exam, we will assess your oral structures (such as the tongue, mouth, lips, and lymph nodes) to identify indications of an issue. If diagnosed immediately, oral cancer may be treated efficiently.
- Ensuring that your health is in good shape: Your oral wellness could directly affect your total health. Late-stage gum disease may also result in heart problems. Proper dental care has been shown to minimize your chances of stroke.
- Saving money: When you take care of oral wellness issues promptly, these can be treated using simple techniques. But when you delay care, you may require more expensive and extensive treatments.
Schedule a professional cleaning to boost your dental health today
Help your smile be in good condition with twice-yearly dental cleanings at Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX. Our family practice in Spring, TX provides preventive treatment to address preventing cavities and minimize your odds of getting gum disease.