Ten Techniques to Prevent Enamel Erosion
Dental knowledge is necessary in the battle of keeping cavities, gum disease, and other conditions at bay. Our team at Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX wants to teach Spring, TX patients about prevention. When these major issues impact your oral health, they’re typically more challenging to treat, costly, and take a lot of time. Excellent oral hygiene is the main line of defense when it comes to ensuring your mouth remains in tip-top shape. Our Spring, TX team is excited to offer you some great tips to make sure your teeth are healthy, sturdy, and radiant for many years.
- Think about dental sealants. Dental sealants are an ideal choice when it comes to preventing tooth decay. Sealants are a supple, plastic material that is placed on the chewing surfaces of the backmost teeth, or the premolars and molars. Oral sealants could help to lower the patient's susceptibility to dental caries in these areas since the fissures on top of your molars can entrap bad bacteria and cause them to be more weak to cavities.
- Flossing is essential. Brushing alone isn’t efficient in making sure cavities are kept at bay. Flossing is a necessary step that a large number of people forgo. Flossing reaches regions that toothbrushes can’t get to, as well as helps to remove food stuck between the teeth. This simple practice is effective at helping to reduce the risk of cavities.
- Eat and drink tooth-healthy items. The germs that lead to decay love sugar in food and drinks. Sucrose substances lay the groundwork for decay to develop. It's necessary to be aware of what you are eating and drinking. When you have something that has a large amount of sugar, it's encouraged to clean your teeth as soon as possible.
- Have fluoride treatments for protection. Many dental practitioners suggest routine fluoride treatments for kids beginning at six years old until they’re in their late teens. But in the event that an adult is prone to ending up with tooth decay, a professional fluoride treatment could be highly beneficial to their oral health. Our knowledgeable dentists in Spring, TX provide fluoride treatments and might recommend a prescription fluoride mouthwash, toothpaste, and tablets to use in between cleanings.
- Use sugar-free gum. Many individuals aren't aware that sugar-free gum could help prevent tooth decay. Chewing gum promotes additional saliva production. This is relevant because saliva is the agent in charge of both neutralizing and washing away the acid from foods we eat that could possibly erode your teeth’s enamel, causing decay.
- Use mouthwash. Mouthwash is an added defense against tooth decay. Once you have brushed your teeth, you could use mouthwash to further diminish unwanted bacteria and buildup.
- Pay attention. Once you experience the signs of decay, it’s critical to meet with your dentist for an exam. In most cases, the initial sign of tooth decay is persistent dental soreness. You may notice a sharp pain when you eat or drink something varying in temperature. When tooth decay advances, you could have migraines, toothaches, tooth yellowing, or obvious holes.
- Schedule appointments with your dentist every six months. Biannual dental cleanings and assessments are important for not only cleaning your teeth but also examining the state of your dental health. Your dental wellness depends on being cognizant of what’s happening inside of your mouth. At your consultation, your teeth will be cleaned and polished, and your dental professional will conduct a detailed examination of your mouth to identify any potential issues. The earlier the dental disorders are found, the sooner your treatment may kick off.
- Brush for two minutes, twice a day. Though this could seem obvious, cleaning your teeth two times per day with fluoridated toothpaste is a good approach to avoid tooth decay. You can try counting mentally as you scrub your teeth for at least 120 seconds.
- Inform your children. Children often mimic their parents' actions. Typically, parents are the initial ones who teach kids how to brush their teeth, which is why it’s critical to be a suitable example. Setting up professional cleanings is another approach to teach kids the value of maintaining great oral habits.
Find out about the correct method to clean your teeth
When you need to book twice-yearly professional cleanings and examinations for your family, then we encourage you to reach out to our comprehensive care dentistry practice in Spring, TX for your visit. These necessary and preventive exams and cleanings can help to keep tooth decay and various other concerns from developing. As an additional advantage, you’ll certainly enjoy how smooth your teeth feel following your biannual cleanings. Our highly talented dentists will help you to feel at ease and review the treatment program step-by-step. Our team is eager to see you at Made Ya Smile Rayford, TX.